The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, copyright and limited reproduction notices and rules related to personal data protection.
The ECDC maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. Our goal is to keep this information and material timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
However, the ECDC accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct or consequential loss or damage it might occur to you and/or any other third party) arising out of or in connection with the information on this site, including this relating to the documents it publish.
In particular, ECDC is indemnified from and against all costs, proceedings, claims, expenses and liabilities whatsoever arising from any breach by any legal or natural person as a result of any representation or warranty providing to be a misrepresentation.
The information the ECDC provides is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the ECDC has no control and for which the ECDC assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice.
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Thus, in case of disagreement, the official adopted text will always prevail.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our website may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The ECDC accepts no responsibility whatsoever with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this website.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the ECDC in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
ECDC Copyright and Limited Reproduction Notices
The contents of these Web Pages are © ECDC [2005-2014].
In particular, unless otherwise stated, the ECDC, according to current EU and International legislation1, is the owner of copyright and database right in this website and its contents.
Information and documents made available on ECDC web pages are public and may be reproduced and/or distributed, totally or in part, irrespective of the means and/or the formats used, for non-commercial purposes, provided that the ECDC is always acknowledged as the source of the material. Such acknowledgement must be included in each copy of the material. Any reproduction for commercial purposes will require licensing or prior permission.
Citations may be made from such material without prior permission, provided the source is always acknowledged.
The above mentioned permissions DO NOT apply to content supplied by third parties. Therefore, for documents where the copyright vests in a third party, permission for reproduction must be obtained from this copyright holder.
ECDC Copyright policy/ Copyright licensing policy/ Copyright notice
Citing this website
If you wish to cite material from the ECDC website, please list it with the url, and the month and year you accessed it, as in the following example:
ECDC: ECDC/2007/EN/FINAL - ECDC Strategic Multiannual Programme 2007—2013
Links to this website
The ECDC encourages organisations and individuals to create links to ECDC’s websites under the following conditions:
- Links must not be used in a defamatory context.
- Linked information must not be changed in any way.
- Linked information to ECDC should not be displayed in a manner which suggests endorsement of any commercial product or service.
- Linked information to ECDC should not be displayed alongside advertising.
ECDC linking policy document
Personal Data Protection
ECDC is committed to user privacy.
The protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by ECDC is based on Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 as implemented at the Centre by the Decisions of the Director of 5 June 2007 and of 23 September 2008.
This general policy that likewise already covers the European Union’s family of institutional websites, within the europa.eu domain, is also applicable to ECDC.
Although you can browse through most of the ECDC website without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request. Pages that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the Regulation mentioned above.
In this respect:
ECDC’s Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of both the Regulation and and the implementing decisions at the Centre are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation and art. 3 and 4 of the Decision of 23 September 2008).
- For all EU Institutions and bodies, the European Data Protection Supervisor will act as an independent supervisory authority (see art. 41 to 48 of the Regulation).
- The ECDC website provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
What is an e-service?
An e-service on this website is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and ECDC on the other hand.
Three types of e-services are or may be offered by ECDC:
- Information services that provide users with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the activities of ECDC.
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with ECDC’s target public thus facilitating consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, activities and services of ECDC.
- Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with ECDC, e.g. procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, etc.
As a general principle, ECDC only processes personal data for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest on the basis of the Treaties establishing the European Communities, on the basis of the relevant legislation or in the legitimate exercise of official authority vested in the Centre or in a third party to whom the data are disclosed.
All processing operations of personal data are duly notified to ECDC's Data Protection Officer and, if the case arises, to the European Data Protection Supervisor.
The Centre guarantees that the information collected is processed and/or accessed only by the members of its staff responsible for the corresponding processing operations.
Unless specified differently in the Data Protection Register, all natural persons providing personal information to the Centre by means of paper or electronic form are deemed to have unambiguously given their consent for the subsequent processing operations in application of article 5(d) of Regulation 45/2001.
Data subjects have the right to access and rectify their data on written request to be addressed to the Centre.
Data subjects may at any time consult ECDC's Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) or have recourse to the European Data Protection Supervisor.
How are data processed by ECDC?
Further information on how your data are processed by ECDC may be found on the relevant section of the ECDC website. In particular, the following information will be included:
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means ECDC collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose. To whom your information is disclosed. ECDC will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. ECDC will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent.
- How long your data is kept. ECDC only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing.
- The security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access.
- A point of contact if you have queries or complaints.
How do we treat e-mails you send us?
Some pages on the ECDC website have a link to our contact mailboxes, which activates your e-mail software and invites you to send your comments. When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the management team of the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your e-mail to another service. If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
Site usage information
Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.