Access to TESSy data
Types of access:
- Direct access to data: for individuals nominated by the EU/EEA countries, EU commission, EU bodies, international organizations and other entities - following the TESSy nomination procedure;
- Access to subsets of data – for the same group entitled to direct access and for external researchers (see Access to subsets of TESSy data);
- Access to aggregated published data is unrestricted. Dissemination is authorised subject to appropriate acknowledgment (seeConditions for Publishing Note).
For detailed information on access to TESSy data, please read the Policy on data submission, access, and use of data within TESSy, 2015.
Use of TESSy data
Access to the TESSy data, either directly or upon specific request, does not automatically imply the right to publish. Publishing is allowed only under certain conditions (seeConditions for publishing note) and after allowing for Member States' comments when applicable.
Dissemination of aggregated published TESSy data is authorised subject to appropriate acknowledgment (seeConditions for publishing note).
Access to subsets of TESSy data
Requesting access to subsets of TESSy data
Subsets of TESSy data are available for research purposes/tasks in the public interest under certain conditions to:
- The same group of individuals entitled to direct access that do not already have direct access;
- External Researchers (e.g. Universities, Private Companies, International Organisations etc);
- Contractors for ECDC, EC and EU Agencies whose access is not otherwise regulated in their contract.
Steps to request ECDC to grant access to subsets of TESSy data:
Access is granted after assessment of the request by an internal review group.
USING subsets of TESSy data
Please note that any data provided following these procedures must be destroyed after use: Declaration on Data Destruction.
Please also note the disclaimer on the data provided: ECDC Data Disclaimer (for the recipient of TESSy data).
For further information and to apply for data access, please contact the TESSy data access team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original signed forms and related information should be posted to:
DATA ACCESS REQUEST
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
Granits väg 8
171 65 Solna
To learn more about how any personal data collected for the processing of external data access requests for TESSy data will be treated by ECDC, please check the Privacy Statement.
Further details on how personal data contained in the European Surveillance System (TESSy) are treated are available from the TESSy specific privacy statement.
ECDC is not able to identify individual patients' information. Any requests for such as data should be placed to the competent national authority.