One of the key ECDC targets included in the multiannual work programme is that ‘by 2013, ECDC’s reputation for scientific excellence and leadership will be firmly established among its partners in public health, and ECDC will be a major resource for scientific information and advice on infectious diseases for the Commission, the Parliament, the Member States and their citizens’.
Five strategies are implemented to realize this target. Strategies include:
- Being a public health research catalyst
- Promoting, initiating and coordinating scientific studies
- Produce guidance, risk assessments, scientific advice
- Prime repository for scientific advice on infectious diseases
- Microbiological laboratory support