15th Meeting of the National Microbiology Focal Points
The ECDC National Microbiology Focal Points and National Surveillance Focal Points from EU/EEA countries convened to discuss the integration of genomic epidemiology into EU level surveillance.
The meeting focused on:
- Updates from the ECDC Public Health Microbiology Programme and the Commission
- Preliminary results from EULabCap 2015
- Lessons learned from ECDC’s EQA review 2010-15
- Challenges and solutions regarding the integration of genomic epidemiology integration into EU level surveillance
- Feedback on laboratory capacity strengthening – addressing laboratory capacity needs
Public Health Genomics – an introduction
23 Oct 2019 to 24 Oct 2019 - This workshop is designed to strengthen the capacity to use whole genome sequencing of human pathogens for public health investigations in EU/ EEA Member States.
World Tuberculosis Day - 2018
24 Mar 2018 to 24 Mar 2018 - World Tuberculosis Day - marked each year on 24 March – is an occasion to raise awareness and advocate for efforts to eliminate TB.
ECDC ENLabCap consultation meeting with EU enlargement countries
1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 - Overall aim of this regional ENLabCap consultation workshop was to discuss the adjustments proposed to the current EULabCap tool and agree on those needed to adapt it for the EU enlargement countries.