European Public Health Week 2019
The European Public Health Association (EUPHA) is launching the European Public Health Week to raise awareness of public health.
ECDC is cooperating with the European Public Health Association (EUPHA) on coordinating and strengthening efforts towards prevention and control of communicable diseases. EUPHA is now launching a new annual initiative aimed to raise awareness of public health issues: the European Public Health week (EPHW). Its overarching theme is 'Celebrating healthy populations'.
Each day of the EPHW will have a subtheme:
- Monday 13 May: Becoming, being and remaining physically active
- Tuesday 14 May: Healthy environments
- Wednesday 15 May: Care 4 Care
- Thursday 16 May: Sustainable and healthy diets
- Friday 17 May: Your mental health
A kick-off event to launch the EPHW will take place in Brussels on 13 May 10.00-12.00, with roundtable discussion and live streaming. The event is open to general public.