ECDC Observership programme 2016 for ESCMID and ESCV members
ECDC hosted observers from the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and the European Society for Clinical Virology (ESCV) in September for a week-long programme of seminars, activities and events under the ECDC Observership programme.
The programme was in its fourth year, and it aimed to offer early- and mid-career scientists the opportunity to visit ECDC’s headquarters in Stockholm and learn about the activities of the Centre, share their knowledge and experiences and engage with other observers and ECDC experts. The two supporting societies provided funding and support for the Observership visits, including overseeing the application and selection process.
The main objectives of the ECDC Observership programme were:
- to increase understanding of the European public health roles and responsibilities of ECDC in supporting infectious disease prevention and control and the interplay with expert and competent bodies in the Member States
- to acquaint observers with EU surveillance and epidemic intelligence systems
- to share information about ECDC’s Public Health Microbiology Programme
- to familiarise observers with ECDC’s key outputs and the way they are produced (e.g. risk assessments, scientific advice, support to laboratory network activities.)
- to facilitate networking between ECDC experts and the other observers and to share information on activities.
More information, including reports of previous Observership visits and application information, is available from the ESCMID and ESCV websites:
Public Health Genomics – an introduction
23 Oct 2019 to 24 Oct 2019 - This workshop is designed to strengthen the capacity to use whole genome sequencing of human pathogens for public health investigations in EU/ EEA Member States.
World Tuberculosis Day - 2018
24 Mar 2018 to 24 Mar 2018 - World Tuberculosis Day - marked each year on 24 March – is an occasion to raise awareness and advocate for efforts to eliminate TB.
ECDC ENLabCap consultation meeting with EU enlargement countries
1 Feb 2018 to 2 Feb 2018 - Overall aim of this regional ENLabCap consultation workshop was to discuss the adjustments proposed to the current EULabCap tool and agree on those needed to adapt it for the EU enlargement countries.