All the official websites of the EU institutions should follow international guidelines for accessible web content, so they can be accessed and understood by as many people as possible without discrimination.
It is the intention of ECDC that the content of this website should be accessible to the widest possible audience. ECDC has committed to making every reasonable effort to ensure that this website meets W3C's Web Accessibility standards.
Browsers with accessibility functions
If you are using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari, you can simply enlarge the text by pressing CTRL+
See the list below for details of how you can change the text size using your browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or 6.0 - Select View menu, click on Text size and choose a size from the options Largest to Smallest.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2 (Macintosh) - Click View menu, click on Text Zoom and choose a size from the options 50% - 300% or Larger or Smaller .
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 - Select View menu, click on Internet Options and choose Fonts and change the size to Small or Large.
- Netscape 6.0, and 4.0 - Select Edit menu and click on Preferences. A new window will open. Select Appearance from the left hand side menu within the new window. Under Fonts reset the size (for example, 10, 12, 14 and so on).
- FireFox - Select View menu, click on Text size and choose either Increase or Decrease the font size.
- Mozilla - Select View menu, click on Text Zoom, and choose a percentage size or select Larger or Smaller.
- Opera - Select View menu, click on Zoom, and then select a size from the list.
- Safari - Select View menu and click Make Text Bigger to increase the font size or Make Text Smaller to reduce the font size.
In most cases your computer will be capable of reading the documents and files featured on this website. However, if you do encounter documents and files that require you to install additional software on your computer, here is a list of useful software:
- Macromedia Flash (for flash documents)
- Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer 2003 for Windows (for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations)
- OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows (for Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel documents)
- Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 for Windows (for Microsoft Excel documents)
- Microsoft Word Viewer (for Microsoft Word documents)
If you have any comments regarding accessibility with the ECDC website, please e-mail the ECDC Webmaster. Be sure to specify the web page or file being referenced in reporting the accessibility issue.