Personal data protection
This section is intended to explain how ECDC manages and protects personal data processed in relation to use of its website and related e-services. ECDC is committed to user privacy.
The protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by ECDC is in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000. The general policy that applies to the European Union’s institutional websites, within the europa.eu domain, is also applicable to ECDC.
What is an e-service?
An e-service on this website is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and ECDC on the other hand. Three types of e-services are or may be offered by ECDC:
- Information services that provide users with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the activities of ECDC.
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with ECDC’s target public thus facilitating consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, activities and services of ECDC.
- Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with ECDC, e.g. procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, etc.
Please note that the ECDC website provides links to third party sites. ECDC has no control over their content and takes no responsibility for their personal data processing operations. We encourage you to review their privacy policies separately.
How is personal data processed by ECDC?
Although you can browse through most of the ECDC website without giving any information about yourself, in some cases personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request. For each specific e-service, a controller determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and ensures conformity of the specific e-service with the applicable legal framework. For the specific information on how your data are processed by ECDC in relation to a particular e-service, please refer to the relevant section of the ECDC website.
In relation to each e-service, the following information will be provided:
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means: ECDC collects personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for a different purpose.
- To whom your information is disclosed: ECDC will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. ECDC will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it or object to its processing.
- How long your data is kept: ECDC only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing.
- A point of contact if you have queries or complaints: The relevant ECDC Data Controller and also ECDC's Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Some pages on the ECDC website have a link to our contact mailboxes, which activates your e-mail software and invites you to send your comments. When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the team responsible for managing that mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your e-mail to the appropriate ECDC contact.
If you have any concerns relating to how ECDC processes your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org