Who we are
The Director of ECDC is Dr Andrea Ammon. In her work she is aided by the Senior Management Team (SMT). The Director's Office carries out the overall coordinating role, and is responsible for external relations and country cooperation.
The organisational structure of ECDC is based on five units and seven disease programmes.
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare-associated Infections Programme
- Emerging and Vector-borne Diseases Programme
- Food- and waterborne diseases and zoonoses Programme
- HIV, AIDS, STIs and viral hepatitis Programme
- Influenza and other Respiratory Viruses Programme
- Public Health Microbiology Programme
- Tuberculosis Programme
- Vaccine-preventable Diseases Programme