The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control offers a Traineeship Programme targeted towards recent university graduates who are at the beginning of a new professional career. The purpose of the programme is to provide trainees with an understanding of the Centre and its role within the activities of the European Union while also providing an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge and professional experience.
The Traineeship Programme runs every year for a period of three to nine months. Successful candidates will have an education and background relating to the activities of ECDC.
The ECDC Traineeship Programme is open to nationals of the Member States of the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
In order to be eligible candidates must have:
- nationality/citizenship of an EU member state, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- completed their studies and been awarded a full university degree by the closing date for applications.
- a very good command of English (the language of day-to-day operations at ECDC). Knowledge of additional EU languages is an asset.
- Not benefited from any previous traineeship or employment (formal or informal, paid or unpaid) within any EU institution, agency, body or delegation.
Kindly note that you must have completed and have been awarded a university degree; proof of this award must be provided with your application.
The call for applications for the 2017 Traineeship Programme closed on 31 January 2017.
Due to the high volume of applications received only those candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted and we are unable to respond to individual requests for feedback.
Traineeships can start throughout 2017, usually on the 1st of the month, please ensure that you indicate your availability in your application form.
A reserve list of candidates may be drawn up by ECDC following the interviews and used should additional traineeship opportunities arise. It will be valid until 31 December 2017.
ECDC pays a monthly traineeship grant of 1 435,55 EUR net per month and pays a travel allowance to compensate the expenses incurred at the beginning and end of the traineeship from the place of residence.
Call for applications
- Traineeship in the Director’s Office
- Traineeship in the Office of the Chief Scientist
- Traineeship in the Surveillance and Response Support Unit
- Traineeship in the Public Health Capacity and Communication Unit
- Traineeship in the Resource Management and Coordination Unit