Prevention and control of seasonal influenza
Protect yourself against flu: Learn more about preventive measures
There are numerous simple steps that can be taken to protect your own health and the health of others during the influenza season.
Personal protective measures
In the absence of a specific vaccine, there are a number of personal measures that people may take to reduce their risk of acquiring influenza.
- Seasonal influenza vaccination strategies
- Risk groups for severe influenza
- Types of seasonal influenza vaccine
- Yearly updates of influenza vaccines
- Infographic: Why do I need a flu vaccine every year?
- Immunity following influenza disease and administration of influenza vaccines
- Timing of influenza vaccination
- Vaccine schedules for seasonal influenza in all countries of the European Union
- Influenza vaccination coverage
- Influenza vaccine effectiveness
- Influenza vaccine safety
- New influenza vaccine developments
Public health control measures
ECDC Background Advice on Public Health Measures that may be deployed in the event of an Influenza Pandemic or severe epidemics of seasonal influenza.
Communication toolkit on influenza immunisation
This toolkit aims to assist EU Member States in devising communication activities to increase influenza vaccination uptake and promote preventive measures to limit its spread.