1st Hepatitis E virus network (HEVnet) meeting
The key objective of this meeting is to verify the rationale and objectives of molecular typing for surveillance of hepatitis E virus (HEV) through the hepatitis E network (HEVnet). The workshop will review HEVnet as a tool for molecular surveillance of HEV in Europe.
The other objectives of this meeting are:
- to review HEVnet as tool for molecular epidemiological investigations
- to provide an overview of the data uploaded to HEVnet
- to agree on a data analysis and perform data analysis
- to draft a manuscript/report outlining the findings
- to confirm the rationale and objectives of molecular typing for surveillance of HEV
- to recommend next steps.
Submitted molecular data will be analysed and the results discussed as well as outlined in a manuscript or report. The meeting will also provide a forum to exchange experiences and identify critical points for HEV molecular surveillance.