Annual Epidemiological Reports
ECDC’s Annual Epidemiological Report is now available as a series of individual epidemiological disease reports. Reports will be published as they become available.
Starting with the annual reports based on 2015 data (and published during 2017), this change is also reflected in the titles: reports will no longer be named after the year of publication; instead, the year given in the title (i.e. 'Annual epidemiological report for 2015') refers to the year the data were collected.
All reports on this page are based data retrieved from TESSy. Countries participating in disease surveillance submitted their data electronically.
The communicable diseases and related health issues covered by the below reports are under European Union and European Economic Area disease surveillance ,,,.
ECDC’s annual surveillance reports provide a wealth of epidemiological data to support decision-making at the national level. They are mainly intended for public health professionals and policymakers involved in disease prevention and control programmes.
|Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever||2015||2014|
|Ebola and Marburg fevers||2014|
|Healthcare-associated infections in ICUs||2015||2014|
|HIV infection and AIDS||2015||2014|
|Influenza, seasonal||2015||2014 - 2015|
|Measles||see separate report series|
|Rift Valley fever||2015||2014|
|Rubella||see separate report series|
|Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)||2015||2014|
|Shigatoxin/verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC/VTEC) infection||2014|
|Surgical site infections||2015||2014|
|Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD)||2014|
|West Nile fever||2015||2014|
- The European Surveillance System (TESSy) is a system for the collection, analysis and dissemination of data on communicable diseases. EU Member States and EEA countries contribute to the system by uploading their infectious disease surveillance data at regular intervals.
- 2000/96/EC: Commission Decision of 22 December 1999 on the communicable diseases to be progressively covered by the Community network under Decision No 2119/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. Official Journal, OJ L 28, 03.02.2000, p. 50–53.
- 2003/534/EC: Commission Decision of 17 July 2003 amending Decision No 2119/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and Decision 2000/96/EC as regards communicable diseases listed in those decisions and amending Decision 2002/253/EC as regards the case definitions for communicable diseases. Official Journal, OJ L 184, 23.07.2003, p. 35–39.
- 2007/875/EC: Commission Decision of 18 December 2007 amending Decision No 2119/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and Decision 2000/96/EC as regards communicable diseases listed in those decisions. Official Journal, OJ L 344, 28.12.2007, p. 48–49.
- Commission Decision 2119/98/EC of the Parliament and of the Council of 24 September 1998 setting up a network for the epidemiological surveillance and control of communicable diseases in the Community. Official Journal, OJ L 268, 03/10/1998 p. 1–7.
- 2002/253/EC: Commission Decision of 19 March 2002 laying down case definitions for reporting communicable diseases to the Community network under Decision No 2119/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. Official Journal, OJ L 86, 03.04.2002, p. 44–62.